Friday, May 24, 2013

Grumpy Cat, Where Your Legs At?

Who doesn't love this sweet, furry and adorable ball of negativity? The cat with a permanent expression of disagreement speaks to all of us, particularly to our cynical side, the side that hates humanity and joy. However,  no matter how pessimistic or uninterested Grumpy Cat, aka Tardar Sauce, tries to be we all still love her! She has become the most beloved cat of the year and she could give a rat's butt about it.

So in honor of Grumpy Cat, I searched for a tutorial on how to make a plush version for a friend of mine who loves Grumpy Cat just as much as I do. I found one over at Liz Makes that I thought was precise in its instructions and super awesome!

I made just a few changes (I hand-stitched everything, didn't have pink felt so I satin stitched the nose and mouth, accidentally stitched the tail and ears to the wrong side and had to cut the body shorter, and I used a blanket stick around the edges instead of sewing it like a pillow), but let's compare, shall we?

Here is her finished Grumpy Cat plush in it's well-lit and photographed glory:


And here is mine, taken with my camera phone and filtered through Instagram... :



Oh, she hates it so much!! XD

Check out the tutorial that I followed if you want to make one of your own!


2 comments:

  1. Haha, thanks so much for featuring my grumpy cat! If you want to know a secret.. When I was sewing the ears to the body using my sewing machine, I forgot to stuff them! And I didn't even catch all of the ear felt in the body felt. It was stupid. Anyway.. Live and learn. I love yours so much!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I never would have guessed about the ears from looking at the finished project; That is too funny lol! And I feel much better about my mistakes because as creative people we learn to adapt and change things and it's okay in the end! Sometimes even works out for the better lol! Thanks so much again for the great tutorial and I'm so glad you like my version. This made my day! :D

      Delete