Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cute Cupcake Kindle Case

Try saying that ten times in a row!

So I made this kindle case for myself:





And had so much fun making it I asked my friends if they wanted one too. Becca, who is also crafty herself, said she wanted one and she wanted something PINK! Well, don't give me that challenge and expect anything less than lol!

I must admit that I started to make this as a tutorial, taking pics as I go, making notes on measurements etc., but as I went along I made mistakes and forgot to take pics of certain things and it was a mess. So perhaps in the future I will make a more concise tutorial on how I made these. But for now enjoy these pics! She hasn't seen it yet and has no idea I added the cupcake. hehehe



Isn't it puuuurdy?! 


The cupcake is from a piece of cupcake themed fabric that I cut out and embroidered on the flap. CUTE!


I forgot to add the contrasting hem, like in the mustache case above, because I had originally cute them too small and was too lazy to cut out wider pieces. Such is my life. But since it was done with the sewing machine it still looks clean and finished. I hand stitched some velcro to the flap and inside, above the pocket. Note: Place the actual kindle INSIDE the case to determine where the velcro should go before sewing it on. I made that mistake and when I inserted the kindle after the velcro was on they didn't match up. 

I hope she likes it! Do you think there is enough PINK?! :D

2 comments:

  1. I need to learn how to make something like this. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :D Next time I make one i will definitely make it a tutorial as well!

      Delete